April 19, 2014, 06:00:42 PM
News:
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Betta Rubra Questions-Group Spawnings or Chain Spawings  (Read 1273 times)
JamesH

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2010, 11:13:42 AM »

Question 1)
I currently have 3.1 betta rubra and was wondering if anyone here has done a group spawning with these guys.  I am tempted to place all of them into a planted 10 gallon tank but I dont want to loose my female as she is the last one that I have.  What do you think?
Question 2)
I also have three five gallon tanks in a row all empty at this time.  I was thinking about placing one male by themselfs in a five gallon tank and move the female through.  Leaving her in there long enough to breed then out and back to her tank for rest and on to the next male.  What do you think?

James Hall
Fort Worth Tx
herpchat
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 04:49:18 AM »

I have a pair that has spawned twice and 4 extra males.  Well they have spawned a third time and the female is going to be moved to the tank with 4 males to give her normal male a break.  I now have a bunch of rubra fry.
brianjim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:54:11 AM »

I have several (4 males; 3 females ) in a tank. They don't breed as often or I am just not noticing them and they are eating their babies. I had separated a male once that was being picked on and once he was better I put him back in the tank and he bred immediately. Absence made the heart grow fonder?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: