November 21, 2014, 07:28:26 PM
News:
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Wild Betta Splendens  (Read 2592 times)
LittleFrog

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2010, 04:14:04 PM »

Hi there! I'm new here, we had our fish expo here a couple of weekends ago, and Mark Denaro was there speaking on wild Bettas and other anabantoids and he recommended this forum to me.  He also brought a number of pairs of wild Bettas for the auction, and I managed to snag a pair of wild Betta Splendens from him!  Smiley  Here are some pictures.  They're really not very good, I'm NOT a fish photographer, lol, so the flash really washed out their colours, but at least you get the general idea.

The pair

Female

Male, the one downside to having more peaceful Bettas?  It's REALLY hard to get the male to flare for pictures, LOL

JamesH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 06:42:06 PM »

Great looking fish that you have there.   I have gotten fish from Mark before and they are always nice looking fish. Be sure to keep us posted on if you get them to start breeding.  Good Luck

James Hall
Fort Worth Tx
LittleFrog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 07:37:53 PM »

Thanks!  They're much better looking in person, a fish photographer I am not, lol.  They're such curious, friendly little things too, I'm really enjoying them a lot.  I'm really hoping I can get them to breed.  Will definitely keep you posted if they do!  Smiley
sliddragon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 10:47:06 PM »

they do look like Betta Mahachai  but they are not. they are so cute!
herpchat
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 04:45:11 AM »

That is Betta imbellis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: